Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade Service Officer
Job ID: 2300014098
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employee Status: Permanent
- To assist the Team Lead Ops in managing and overseeing the day-to-day Core Operation team with the aim to achieve:
- Operational standards / compliance
- Increased productivity and efficiency
- Good cost control within the team
- Good quality control on operational / transactional risks
- Compliance with regulations relating to Trade
- Drive and monitor initiatives and activities to improve daily operations in view of accuracy, efficiency and services.
- Work closely with Trade Product Operation and GBS to standardize, simplify, improve, and streamline process to strive for continuous productivity improvement.
- Work closely with Trade Client Operation team to continuously drive tier 1 client experience improvements.
- Ensure that documents received are treated same day and at most, before end of SLA
- Seeking approvals, when Necessary, through RM/CM.
- Handling of import Bills for Collections document
- Completion of all push backs on trade transaction dashboard and follow up with GBS for completion and release issuance.
- Ensure Bill of Exchange are sent to individual without delay
- Performs technical and physical validation of all bills shipping document received
- Receipt of Acceptance of Bill of Exchange, processing, follow up for release of acceptance on IMEX after which endorsement of the shipping document to client where ACP is completed
- Primary vault key holder
- Head & team members of Trade Operations
- Head & managers of GBS
- Trade BRM
- Group Trade Operations & Centre of Excellence
- Local TB Product Management
- CCIB Head, RMs & CMs
- BB Head, RMs
- Business Technology
- Front Office & Middle Office
- Other Operations Functions
- Other Functions (HR, Finance, Legal & Compliance, Tax)
- Audit and investigations
Role Specific Technical Competencies:
- Business Governance and Support
- Business facilitation
- Business Partnering
- Process Management
- Manage Change
- Service Delivery and Operations
- Products + Processes
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th August, 2023; 11:59:00 PM